1. Alleviates inflammation
Daikon juice’s anti-inflammatory properties can help decrease inflammation throughout your system, which may lead to a healthier heart, lower gout and arthritis risk and reduced pain from injuries and muscle cramping.
2. Promotes Respiratory Health and Busts your Immunity
The daikon radish possesses anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties, which make it excellent for maintaining the health of the respiratory tract and lungs.
3. Promotes Digestion (and are great for type 2 Diabetics)
4. Maintain Blood Pressure Levels
5. Promote Healthy Pregnancy
6. Preserves Health Of The Brain And Nervous System
Thai Citrus Salad with Daikon, Carrots, and Snap Peas
- 1 large daikon julienned (~2 cups)
- 1 medium carrot julienned (~1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup blanched halved snap peas
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Place all the prepared vegetables in a large bowl.
In a measuring cup or small mixing bowl, whisk together the lime zest, lime juice, ginger, and sesame oil.
Pour dressing over vegetables, season with salt and pepper, top with cilantro and toss.